Aug 30, 2020

Actress Atiqa Odho explains her position regarding Omair Rana

Actress Atiqa Odho took to Instagram to express her displeasure over the misinterpretation of comments made in an interview about her co-star Umair Rana in a drama aired on a private channel.

"It was hard to film a romantic scene, even though Umair and I have been friends for a long time but we never worked together. I was feeling a little weird but Umair was relaxed because he is a great actor," Odho explained.

Following this interview, negative reactions emerged on social media, accusing Rana of harassing students at Lahore Grammar School.

"I want to clarify my position regarding the words spoken about my co-star Umair Rana in a recent interview," Odho stated in an Instagram post. She clarified that her comments were solely about the initial awkwardness of filming romantic scenes with Rana due to their lack of prior collaboration.

"Umair is very professional and excellent as a fellow actor. He is my friend and I have a lot of respect for him and his family, so don't try to create a conflict where there is none. It is unfortunate that without any evidence, people are trying to tarnish the image of Umair and his wife. My experience with them has been wonderful because they are polite, civilized, educated, and good people," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment